This book includes:
- A complete history of the use of moxibustion in China from the Han dynasty (200 BCE) through modern times.
- A review of the writings of Yang Jizhou (The Great Compendium of Acupuncture-Moxibustion), Zhang Jiebin (Illustrated Supplement to the Categorized Classic), and Li Shizhen (The Great Pharmacopeia)
- Detailed information about the source materials used for this book along with passages in Chinese in every chapter as relevant.
- A review of techniques from the classical literature on the historical use of moxibustion
- Case studies from classic sources
- Moxibustion, astrology, and divination
- How to deal with moxa sores according to the classic literature
Lorraine Wilcox has been a licensed acupuncturist in California since 1989. She received her Ph.D. in Classical Chinese Medicine from American University of Complementary Medicine and has taught herself to read Chinese. Wilcox is also an assistant to Master Larry Sang of the American Feng Shui Institute and teaches in some of the acupuncture schools in the Los Angeles area.
AUTHOR: Lorraine Wilcox L.Ac